NOTICE OF NOMINATION
This notice is to inform you that the nominations for AFSCME Convention Delegates are now open. UDW delegates will be elected to represent UDW, Local 3930 at the AFSCME International Convention. The top 36 members receiving the most votes will be declared winners of the election. Delegate winners must be able to attend the convention, which begins on July 16 and ends on July 20th. Those nominees who are on the ballot but not elected as delegates are elected as alternates, in order of the total of votes they received.
*You are not voting at this time, you are nominating member providers to be listed on the Official Ballot that will be sent out the week of February 12th, 2018. Ballots will be counted on Tuesday, March 20th, 2018.
Any member in good-standing as of November 2017 is eligible to run for delegate. Members must remain in good standing for the months preceding the convention to hold elected position.
- All nominations must be made in writing. Download the form here:
- To be eligible to run for delegate or nominate, you must be a union member who signed a membership authorization card prior to November 31, 2017 and paid dues in the month of November 2017.
- Nominations must be mailed or faxed or emailed to:
United Domestic Workers of America
4855 Seminole Dr, San Diego, CA 92115-9800
Or faxed to 1-916-244-2688
Or emailed to ElectionsCommittee2018@udw.org
- No walk-in nominations will be accepted.
- Nomination forms must be received by mail, fax or email no later than Thursday, January 4th, at 9:00 am. All nominees will be notified in writing of their eligibility. All eligible nominees will be posted on the union’s website (udw.org) on Tuesday, January 16th, 2018.
The following will be the required information on the nomination form:
- Name of the Nominee and the Nominator as it appears on their State of California payroll check
- County of the Nominee and Nominator
- The name of the Nominee’s slate (if applicable)
- Provider ID #
- Self-nomination is permitted.
- Any member may check his/her dues payment record. Dues inquires must be in writing and mailed to Election Committee C/O Clarissa Gonzalez, 4855 Seminole Ave, San Diego, CA 92115 or faxed to 916-244-2688
- You may nominate as many members as you want, up to 36, the number of seats UDW has at the convention. However, a separate nomination form must be sent for each member you nominate. *it is ok to copy the nomination form.
- You may nominate members from any county.
- Walk-in nominations WILL NOT be accepted
- Members who have been nominated will be notified in writing of their eligibility to run for office. To the nominees, further instructions on elections will be included in a separate mailer.
CHALLENGES TO THE ELIGIBILITY OF NOMINEES
A list of candidates nominated will be posted on the unions website (www.udw.org) on Tuesday, January 16th, 2018. Any member or nominee may challenge the eligibility of a nominee. Any challenges to the eligibility of a nominee should be submitted in writing to Elections Committee C/O Clarissa Gonzalez, 4855 Seminole Ave, San Diego, CA 92115 or faxed to 916-244-2688 or emailed to ElectionsCommittee2018@udw.org. Eligibility challenges must be received no later than 4:30 pm on January 26th, 2018. The decisions of the Election Committee concerning all eligibility challenges are final.
Nominees will be notified of any challenges as the Election Committee receives them. Nominees may reply to any protests by Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 in writing to Elections Committee C/O Clarissa Gonzalez, 4855 Seminole Ave, San Diego, CA 92115 or faxed to 916-244-2688 or emailed to ElectionsCommittee2018@udw.org.
Ballots will be mailed as early as February 12th, 2018 but no later than February 16th, 2018 to all eligible members in good-standing. All members who signed a membership authorization card prior to January 31, 2018 and paid dues in the month of January 2018 will be eligible to vote in this election.
Ballots will be picked up from the US Post Office located at 6401 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA 92115 at approximately 11:00 am on March 20th, 2018 at and returned to the 4855 Seminole Ave., San Diego, CA 92115 for the tally. Each candidate is entitled to name one Official Observer who may be present at both the US Post Office location and as an observer at 4855 Seminole Ave., San Diego, CA 92115 for the tally.
Each candidate is entitled to name one Offical Observer who may be present at both the US Post Office location and as an observer at 4855 Seminole Dr., San Diego, CA 92115 for the tally. No candidates will be allowed at the tally and no candidate may serve as an observer.
Election Results will be posts on the union’s website (www.udw.org) after the completion of the tally.
If you do not receive or are in need of a replacement ballot, please contact the Election Committee at 916-554-0931. The last day to receive such a request is 6:00 pm on Monday, March 12th, 2018.
Candidates elected as delegates will be contacts by a UDW staff immediately after the election for travel arrangements.
All costs to send the delegates to convention in Boston, MA will be paid for by UDW including all flights, hotel accommodations and daily per diem to pay for meals. The expenses if guests who are non-delegates will not be paid by UDW, Local 3930.
Any member in good-standing may protest the conduct of the election for valid cause. All election protests should be filed with the Election Committee no later than 4:30 pm on March 31st, 2018, in writing to Elections Committee C/O Clarissa Gonzalez, 4855 Seminole Ave, San Diego, CA 92115 or faxed to 916-244-2688 or emailed to ElectionsCommittee2018@udw.org.
The decision of the Election Committee concerning all eligibility challenges are final.